An historic monument in the heart of Périgord
The origins of Château de la Côte date back to the 15th century. Founded by Arnaud de Laudibus during the Hundred Years War, the castle belonged in turn to the Dulau family for four centuries, until 1867, then to the Déthan family until 1956, when the Guillaume family made it its owner. acquisition to transform it into a hotel restaurant in 1989. Thus, thanks to its current owners, Michel Guillaume and his son Olivier, the Château de la Côte embodies the tradition and values of old French residences and elegantly combines traditional art of living and today's comfort.
Some key dates
- 1423: Arnaud de Laudibus, originally from Béarn, built the Château de la Côte.
- 1738: Birth at the castle of the Archbishop of Arles beatified by Pius XI in 1926.
- 1867: Edouard Déthan, draper merchant back from America, restores the castle and creates an agricultural and wine-growing business.
- 1956: Michel Guillaume acquires the estate and relaunches farming and breeding.
- 1989: The Guillaume family transforms the castle into a hotel.